Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hard times still better with God than without

I think about this blog every once in a while and how I thought I would be in a cool coffee house with some good coffee or tea just blogging my little heart out every day.  Well as you can see my blogs are pretty rare and I usually blog from the living room down the hall from where my room is.  Not very exciting I suppose heh.

So I should be downstairs making deviled eggs for the Benders going away party but since I have compulsive procristination syndrome or CPS as I just now made up...especially since I misspelled procrastination (<-------ha! got it right!) I am instead blogging.

Today was the CCO (Cornerstone Community Outreach)  Hunger Walk  2013, no it's nothing like the Hunger Games.  We had a very good turnout with 80 people from JPUSA showing up and thrown in 40 more people from churches the CCO office and we did good for hungry people all over Chicago.  Praise God, to you goes all the glory Father God!!!

I guess I should go downstairs to make that food since I really want to go The Crossing concert tonight!  It's always a good time at a Crossing concert! I may work the merch table for them as well.

This past week has been really bad but good for me as I have gone through some really hard struggles concerning my Christian walk.  I was in a pretty bad place.  God finally had to give me some peace just to pull me through it. While I am still seeking answers for the questions I have at least I am not in a dark fog of despair anymore.

The hardest part is that it was pretty evident that I was not in a good place and after God brought me out of it, one of the brothers a couple of days later affirmed the other brother who does breakfast and lunch cooking with me for "always being positive with a good spirit while working".  That hurt as I try to always be walking in the joy of the Lord but at the same time I never want to be fake in my walk.  The couple of days I went through were some of the roughest I have ever been through but the peace that I have now is more than worth the pain.  I just wish people (including me) understood how words can and do hurt sometimes.

That's it for now as I really am going to head down to cook those eggs.

Thanks for "listening" :)

No comments: